Retail Shipping Specialist
What does a Retail Shipping Specialist do?
A Retail Shipping Specialist oversees the shipping and receiving of Customer packages. More specifically, they are responsible for weighing, measuring and ensuring proper packing techniques and shipping practices. The role of a Retail Shipping Specialist also extends to taking care of customer requests and complaints.
Retail Shipping Specialist duties and responsibilities
- Obtain and process Customer packages, including receiving deliveries, registering them and distributing packages and letters.
- Be able to recommend the best shipping options based on type of package and Customer’s requirements
- Trouble shoots shipping issues and customer complaints that arise and work to solve them
- Place packages in assigned locations based on carrier
- Pack Customer’s items in boxes by hand and keep a record of the items packed
- Sort mail and maintain private mailboxes including virtual mailboxes
- Perform Notary Services
- Take fingerprints
- Take passport photos
- Performs multiple tasks at the same time
- Looks for opportunities to improve knowledge and skills
- Perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Must be able to report to work regularly and maintain established business hours
Retail Shipping Specialist skills and qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization and administrative skills
- Integrity and leadership skills
- Exemplary customer care skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and multitasking skills
Retail Shipping Specialist salary expectations
Retail Shipping Specialist starts at $15.00 per hour. This rate is subject to variation depending on the previous experience and ability to become a Notary of the state of Colorado.
Retail Shipping Specialist experience requirements
Previous experience is a plus, but not required. At least one year of direct customer service is required.